Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Summer of the Scootie


My darling husband Dan teamed up with my parents for the big 30th birthday and bought me a scooter! My mom got one for her birthday a few years ago, and just last weekend, my mother-in-law Taunya got one as well. If my sister-in-law Karina gets one, we can be a family scooter gang. I am visualizing pink satin jackets or similar. Ahhh, yeah.

Top 5 Reasons I Love my Scooter

5. It has retro white-wall tires.

4. All the construction workers replacing the concrete on our street wave at me when I go by. Amongst other things.

3. I get all the good parking spots everywhere.

2. I filled up the gas tank yesterday. I had gone almost 90 miles without getting gas. Filling the tank this time around cost me $3.68. That's right.

and ....

1. If I really squint while I'm driving up Laird & Harvard Aves., I can pretend I am in Italy. La vita e bella!

3 comments:

Natalie Bernhisel-Robinson said...

You look so sexy on that scooter!!

i i eee said...

Sexy, most def. *whistles*

Delal said...

Love the scooter! And I hope to see you more around campus (other than the just the Union building)!