Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Wicked Fun


So here I am in New York, loving every minute of it.  I am presenting in a poster session tomorrow morning, so it was sort of a problem that I left my poster back at the SLC security line.  Oopsie!  Not to be foiled by the forces that had conspired against me, I got on my flight and proceeded directly to the nearest Manhattan FedEx-Kinko's.  A very nice man named Sayed from India saved my life tonight and re-printed my poster in about 3 minutes.  After that, I hit my favorite Times Square McDonald's (food just tastes better in New York when all you had was a stale bagel on the flight), did a little shopping, and took in the Broadway show, "Wicked."  If you ever get a chance to see this, it is a must see.  Read the book, too, while you're at it.
Now I am tucked into my miniature hotel room, practicing my presentation out loud to the mirror.  Tomorrow's mission:  get presentation out of the way and try to find the Cash Cab.

2 comments:

Naomi said...

Um...I was SO bored today knowing you were having F-U-N in NYC! But I was able to finish a draft of Chp. 1.

And if you get in Cash Cab AND win $$$, I think both Dan and I deserve a cut!

Natalie Bernhisel-Robinson said...

New York sounds like so much fun! Can't wait to hear all about it.